Driving Adventure!



I bought a car last week - a wonderful Hyundai Accent! It is a little old, But I love it! However, driving in Korea is very different than Arizona roads - but I am slowly getting used to it. This Sunday I decided to drive to PyeongTaek (a neighboring city) where they have the English Speaking Ward to attend. I was able to get to Pyeongtaek without difficulties - but the tricky part was finding the church once I got to Pyeongtaek. I knew that the bus to take is either number 15, or 20 so I decided to follow the bus around town until it stopped by the church. Following a bus is tricky business - they stop ALOT - and I was trying to be stealth with my following techniques - I didn't want them to realize i was following them - why, I don't know! Anyways, I followed bus 15 around for about 30 minutes, and I was sure it was getting close to the church, but alas it was not. I followed it to the end of the route - and I guess the bus driver was done for the day because I followed the bus all the way to the 'Bus Parking lot' OOPS!! So, I had to back track, and follow the bus going in the opposite direction. And finally I made it to the church - after 2 hours of driving aimlessly around Pyeongtaek. The funny thing is, when I drove home from church it was only a 30 minute drive :)

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I like your new car! How was church...I am impressed you actually made it!

Carol Horn said...

So are you going to put racing stripes on your car? Have you posted your telephone number on the dashboard? Do you need us to embroider your telephone number on a little placard to post in your car?